March 15, 2020
As we continue our daily mission helping those who are homeless or without safe, secure housing, The Way Home would like to inform our community that we doing all we can to protect the health and wellbeing of our clients, staff and volunteers while at the same continuing to provide vital safety net services in Greater Manchester during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- At this time, our central location at 214 Spruce Street for client service will remain open to scheduled appointments as well as walk in urgent issues. Where possible, client intakes will be done over the phone. We have also increased our cleaning protocols for all public spaces in our building.
- We encourage the drop/mailbox on our front door for clients who wish to bring correspondence and rent payments to our office.
- We are in the process of developing protocols for transiting all our group education programs to recorded workshops.
- Regular property maintenance across all our building will continue. Staff will wear gloves and a mask when entering or working on any properties.
- Where possible, ongoing counseling and coaching current clients will be shifted to phone meetings; where possible staff who are able, will be transitioned to work at home.
We fully recognize that this situation is rapidly evolving and as such, will post regular updates to our website: www.thewayhomenh.org, twitter: @thewayhomenh and facebook: @wayhomenh.
How you can help
To help with the emerging needs of the work that will be adjusted and adapted due to the COVID-19 virus we are asking for donations of any amount to our Emergency Operations Fund to enables our agency to continue to help those in need by providing shelter, counseling, education and a broad range of services- each tailored to meet the specific needs of an individual or family. We offer hope and a hand-up, not a hand-out.
To make a donation, please click here: https://donatenow.networkforgood.org/thewayhomenh
We are also accepting non-perishable, shelf stable food donations. If you would like to contribute in that way, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 603-627-3491.
Guidance re: COVID-19
The Manchester Department of Health has put together a page which includes the latest updates on COVID-19 as well as lots of self-help information. The page is updated frequently and we invite you to click on the following link: