Housing Counselor - Steps to Success Coach
The Way Home, a small non-profit community-based homeless & housing services organization based in Manchester NH, is seeking applications for the position of Housing Counselor/Steps to Success Coach.
The Housing Counselor/Steps to Success Coach will work as part of a team to assist homeless persons and at-risk renters to secure and stabilize their housing. Housing Counselors assess needs, determine program eligibility, and assist applicants to establish housing affordability plans. Steps to Success Coaching works with clients on action steps to meet housing goals while easing access to community and mainstream services which promote individual well-being and skills to remain housed. Several programs provide no interest security deposit loans and or short-term rental assistance under strict government funder guidelines. Other programs use Housing First model for individuals who have been chronically homeless; all programs provide low barrier access to permanent housing.
- Bachelors Degree or a minimum of two years related experience in housing & homeless services
- Skilled in managing files & documentation for govt-funded programs
- Familiarity with low income housing issues
- Familiarity with community resources to coordinate referrals
- Ability to build collaborative relationships in the community
- Familiarity with issues contributing to long-term homelessness
- Ability to teach basic life skills for newly housed individuals and families using best practices to empower clients and motivate behavior change
- Must have valid driver's license and vehicle for traveling to home visits
- Clean criminal background
The ideal candidate will exhibit strong interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to work well with all levels and diversity of internal management, staff and program clients. Candidate must have ability to present themselves in a professional manner at all times. Must be a self-starter, motivated and able to work independently and as a team player. Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Pending qualifications and availability position may be part-time or full-time, salaried with comparable wage and benefits.
Please e-mail or fax cover letter and resume to:
Anne Rawson - Director of Finance & Administration
Wage Requirements must be included for consideration
Position will be advertised until filled.
No calls please